You are here: Home Functional and Legal Literacy
Illiteracy, particularly among women, is the greatest bane in the rural areas where SRF works. As a result, they are unable to use their potential to the fullest.
To address this situation in Sant Ravidas Nagar Bhadohi district, the organisation is running seven centres benefitting 210 women.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To run adult literacy programme for adult people in the rural areas
- Reading and writing normal sign boards/message/bus numbers/train time table at stations, etc.
- Perform calculations related to managing their expenses, assessing their incomes, etc.
- Knowledge of various extension services in the villages, such as post office, banks, health sub-centres, etc.
- Linkages for further learning for those interested
A mobile library has also been established to ensure that functional literacy of the participating women continues unhindered.