You are here: Home Self Help Groups and Income Generation Activities
Self Help Groups and Income Generation Activities
A total of 100 self help groups (SHGs) have been formed in Aurai development block in Sant Ravidas Nagar Bhadohi district under Swayam Siddha Programme. Over 1,000 women have been organised through this activity. With their small savings, the women are meeting their daily requirements, or meeting expenses related to illness, marriages, or financing their small ventures. Ten SHGs each have been organised into Swayam Siddha Clusters (total number of clusters is 10) and all the 10 clusters of SHGs have been organised into Swayam Siddha Federation.
For earning an income of their own, SHGs have been imparted training in incense stick making and fruit preservation. A few SHGs have started their business, which has been linked up with the local market. Apart from this, the groups have also been imparted training in child rights, women rights, rights and duties of panchayats, welfare schemes of the government, etc.
The following is the latest information about SHGs
- At present 101 women SHGs are functional in the working area
- Total 1,112 members from 101 SHGs and they have saved Rs 4,89,229 with an inter-loaning of Rs 3,79,700
- 14 SHGs are involved in carpet weaving activity
- 6 SHGs are involved in other income generation activities
- These groups have also formed 10 cluster associations and a federation of SHGs called Savitri Ba Phule Swayam Siddha Samiti