SRF has an extensive governance structure in place so as to ensure democracy and transparency in the organisation.
The apex governance structure of the organisation is General Body, which has 68 members from different walks of life from across the country and abroad.
Main decision making body is 15-member Governing Body. It assists the General Secretary, who is also Chief Functionary of the organisation, to discharge his duties. The Governing Body meets at least twice in a year to take decisions, but it may also meet more frequently as and when required.
Next in the line is seven-member Core Group. It has one representative from the Governing Body, three from CBOs, and one each from staff, media legal circle and social activists. It meets from time to time to take decision regarding smooth functioning of the organisation.
There are adequately qualified full and part time staff members and volunteers to implement the organisation's programmes.
SRF is registered under:
- Section 21 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860, on December 31, 1991
- Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976, dated December 24, 1995
- Section 12-A of Income Tax Act 1961, dated October 23, 2000
- Section 80G(5)(vi) of Income Tax Act 1961, dated July 27, 2005
- Employees Provident Fund Scheme 1952
- Employees Pension Scheme 1995
- Registered with Planning Commission of India with UID No. UP/2009/0022182
- PAN - AAATD5407A
- TAN - ALDD00485C